Sometimes you may want to screen record a movie/show that’s leaving Netflix or record clips of your favorite segments, many people will suggest the free screen recording tool – OBS. However, OBS are not user-friendly for beginners. It’s not very easy to handle if you’re a non-techie. Many people complain black screen with only the captions when try recording with OBS.
Here we will show you the steps-by-step guide to record Netflix without a black screen via OBS as well as a professional Netflix video downloader tool that allows you to download Netflix videos directly instead of recording to save your time and get 1080p Netflix videos.
Part 1. How to record Netflix with OBS?
To get started, you’ll need:
Disable Hardware Acceleration in Chrome
To avoid black screen when recording Netflix with OBS, you need to disable Hardware Acceleration in Chrome.
- Click on the kebab (three-dot icon) on the top-right corner of Chrome and select the Settings option from the drop-down menu.
- On the Settings page, click on the System option from the left-hand side menu.
- Toggle Use hardware acceleration when available off.
- You will see a suggestion to relaunch the browser. Click on the Relaunch button to apply the changes.
Install audio capture software
In order to capture desktop audio on macOS 12 and earlier, you will need to install additional software. There are many options, including free and non-free software. Check here: https://obsproject.com/kb/macos-desktop-audio-capture-guide
Now follow below steps to record Netflix with OBS.
1.Download, install and run OBS on your Mac or Windows. The interface is like below:
2. Visit https://www.netflix.com/ in Google Chrome. Log in your account and play the video you want to record.
3. Click the + icon under the ‘Sources’ window and select Window Capture.
4. Then select the browser window that is playing Netflix video.
5. Adjust the red line framed window to record the area you want(otherwise the browser toolbar is also recorded).
6. Click Settings on the bottom right corner to select video file format, recording path, quality, video encoder, etc.
7. Play the Netflix video in the browser and click Start Recording button in the bottom right corner.
As you can see from above, OBS is a complicated tool. It even requires you to install an additional plugin to record Netflix sound. So, is there a more user-friendly and stable tool available to help you achieve better Netflix recordings? Of course there is! If you need an alternative to OBS, we recommend Movavi Screen Recorder and EaseUS RecExperts. These programs are easy to use and can help beginners and advanced users to record Netflix videos without black screen. However, they are not free.
Whether recording Netflix movies with OBS or other tools can be very time consuming, as you need to stream the movie/episode you’re about to record. In this case, the recorded quality may be affected by the internet speed.
Why not directly download Netflix movies and episodes to MP4? With the professional Pazu Netflix Video Downloader, you can easily download any Netflix movies and TV show episodes to MP4/MKV in full HD 1080p for offline playback or reproduction.
Part 2. Download Netflix videos with Pazu Netflix Video Downloader
Pazu Netflix Video Downloader is a specially designed tool that allows any Netflix users to download Netflix movies and TV shows in MP4 format quickly. This means the downloaded videos can be played on any device, such as any Mac or Windows computer, an iPhone or iPad, an Android phone or tablet, or a television set that doesn’t even have the Netflix app installed.
Moreover, all the videos saved locally by Pazu Netflix Video Downloader are in high-definition (HD) quality, up to 1080p. It also provides the function of maintaining subtitles and audio tracks in multiple languages.
Here are the steps to download Netflix videos to MP4 directly without recording using Pazu Netflix Video Downloader.
Step 1. Run Pazu Netflix Video Downloader on your Mac or Windows
Download and install Pazu Netflix Video Downloader on your Mac or Windows. Run it and log in your Netflix account on the main page.
Step 2. Customize the output settings
Click on the Setting button on the upper right corner to customize the video format (MP4/MKV), video codec (H264, H265), and output path, select the language of audio tracks and subtitles, etc.
- Video format: MP4 or MKV
- Video quality: high, middle and low
- Video codec: H264 or H265
- Audio language: English, French, German, Japanese, Spanish, Chinese
- Subtitle language: English, French, German, Japanese, Spanish, Chinese
- Subtitles: Soft subtitles, External subtitles and Hard subtitles
- Download speed: high, middle and low
Step 3. Search Netflix movies or TV shows
Search for Netflix movies and TV shows by title or URL. Enter movie/TV show title and click the search button to find the content that you want to download.
Or copy and paste the movie/TV show URL into the search bar and click the Search button.
Step 4. Download Netflix movies or TV shows
To download a movie, click on the Download icon next to it and Pazu Netflix Downloader will immediately download the Netflix movie on your Mac or Windows.
For a TV show, after clicking the download icon you will see all episodes and Setting buttons on the pop-up window. Pazu Netflix Video Downloader allows you to select specific audio tracks and subtitles for each episode.
Select the episodes you want to download then click the Download button on the right bottom corner. The downloading begins.
After downloading, you can click on the History tab and find the downloaded videos saved on your Mac/Windows.
OBS is a popular free screen recorder tool for Mac and Windows. However, it is not convenient or easy to use when recording Netflix videos. If you find OBS too cumbersome to use, or pursue higher quality, you can use the Pazu Netflix Video Downloader to directly download Netflix videos to MP4 in 1080P on Mac and Windows.