PM Modi’s trip to San Jose was aimed to give a boost to Indian startups. Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday attended the India-US Start-up Konnect 2015 in San Jose City of California where a total of seven MoUs were signed to kick off boost in startup-creation in India-US space. PM Modi witnessed the exchange of the MoUs in the presence of 40 different companies. The prime minister also released the logo of Bharat Fund IIM innovation and entrepreneurship program which will provide seed funding to Indian entrepreneurs. While addressing the India-US Start-up Konnect, LinkedIn Founder Reid Hoffman maintained that entrepreneurship is key to how new technology is developed. These are the 7 MOUs.
1. MoU between Centre for Cellular and Molecular Platforms and the California Institute for Quantitative Biosciences is to develop Indo-US Life Science Sister Innovation Hub so as to enhance science-based entrepreneurship, research, academia and businesses by leveraging each other’s ecosystems.
2. MoU between Department of Biotechnology, IndiA and Prakash Lab, Stanford University on Foldscope — a frugal science innovation that has emerged from a lab of an Indian with majority of Indians working in this laboratory.
3. MoU between NASSCOM and the Indus Entrepreneurs(TiE) to collaborate in a mutually satisfactory form and manner in order to support the creation of a vibrant ecosystem to foster technology entrepreneurship in India and Silicon Valley.
4. MoU between IIM Ahmedabad’s Centre for Innovation and Entrepreneurship (CIIE) and Lester Centre for Entrepreneurship of the Haas Business School of the University of California, to collaborate on mutual incubation, and support each other’s activities of mutual interest.
5. MoU between CIIE and Los Angeles Clean-tech Incubator to extend NGIN Membership benefits to CIIE. This Programme is a reciprocal initiative that enables entrepreneurs and innovators in the clean-tech space to gain access to the California and Indian markets.
6. IIM Ahmedabad’s CIIE signed a MoU with Tata Trust for founding partner for the Bharat Fund, which will provide seed funding to India .
7. MoU between CIIE and Google to support technology and impact entrepreneurs through strategic support.