Web developers the people responsible for all the beautiful websites and apps you see around. They’re indispensable, respected and sometimes come with a sense of humour. Here are some reactions and frustrations of a web developer and designer, captured through these very apt GIFs.
1. When I finally find a tutorial to help me code functionality I’ve been stuck on for ages and I feel lost halfway through.
2. When a major wordpress update is released when I’m slammed with other work.
3. My codependent relationship with 1Password
4. When a client talks about building their site using frames
5. When clients still try to tell me that users don’t scroll on websites so I link them to a bunch of studies showing otherwise.
6. When I go to update a client’s WordPress website that they haven’t updated in well over a year.
7. When I send a client an initial preview of development getting underway and they respond with a giant email listing everything not completed yet.
8. When a client is insistent upon having an enter page on their website.
9. When a client reports a bug that I was totally aware of but hadn’t had time to address yet.
10. When I submit a project for a website showcase and it’s accepted.
11. When I look at the source code of a site and the spacing is accomplished with lots of break tags or empty divs.
12. When I’m talking to a company’s IT person who seems to have minimal knowledge of IT.
13. Remembering a deadline right before I’m about to go to sleep.
14. When I’m working on a project hosted on GoDaddy.
15. When I come across an awesome company with a horrible website.
16. When I completely blank on how to code something I’ve done a million times before.
17. When I’ve been working on a project where I feel like it’s never going to wrap up.
18. When a start up pitches their complex website needs then adds that they will be paying in equity.