Every once in a while people find ways to see humour in their otherwise grunt and tedious jobs. Other times, people realise that stock photos can be meme goldmine. This Twitter trend marries the two.
People from across the world are sharing Stock Photos that worst describe their jobs. Fictional or otherwise. And the descriptions are hilarious!
Check out some of the best from the #BadStockPhotosOfMyJob trend.
1. This is why everyone loves going to the gynaec
— Jennifer Gunter (@DrJenGunter) May 6, 2018
2. The librarian with a curious finger placement
— Kristin Wright (@The_Wright_Book) June 23, 2020
3. This is why the employee surveillance softwares are on a rise
— Jan (@Bumix) June 22, 2020
4. College professors, they’re just like us
— Maire Ford (@FordMaire) June 24, 2020
5. All pharmacists would vouch for this, clearly.
— Melinda (@melindajames_) June 24, 2020
6. Optometrists exactly know how to not see the right way to do things
— LK Frank (@be_frank_) June 24, 2020
7. Architects weigh in…
— new nomad | نو خانہ بدوش | नया बंजारा | بدوی جدید (@talkistania) June 20, 2020
8. Weather reporters keeping it simple
I find people are confused by weather maps/forecasts. All those locations, colors, symbols…
— Elizabeth Leitman (@WxLiz) June 23, 2020
9. Train engineers leading safety protocols by example
As a train engineer, I always stand on the tracks looking at my laptop instead of being aware of high speed trains. (Without my safety specs and the wrong colour hat.) #BadStockPhotosOfMyJob pic.twitter.com/Ms7FDcFuvg
— Liz Waters (@emswaters89) June 23, 2020
10. Balance sheets, Profit and Loss statements, what’s that? This is really what accountants do.
A very important part of my job as an accountant is carefully stacking up quarters while I lean importantly over printouts of various charts and graphs.#BadStockPhotosOfMyJob pic.twitter.com/1nBMyIKXkU
— Lauren Aquino (@lap014) June 22, 2020
Didn't you know that all accounants carefully arrange their glasses on their laptop while using a calculator in 'off' mode and drawing aimlessly on pie charts?#BadStockPhotosOfMyJob pic.twitter.com/7LvQs1HoYC
— Lauren Aquino (@lap014) June 22, 2020
11. Offered without comment
— Dr. J. LeBlanc (@GreyMatterPhD) June 22, 2020
12. Project managers doing important important project management things
— Jackie (@Xxtayce) June 24, 2020
13. Environmental Researchers are just stars waiting to be discovered…under a lens.
— Shardul Prabhu (@prabhu_shardul) June 22, 2020
14. Chefs know what it takes
As a chef, I can confirm to get maximum flavour from celery for your base stock, you must feed them cherry tomatoes and treat them like your first born! #BadStockPhotosOfMyJob pic.twitter.com/EZ6Zm7Bejc
— 💧 Dave (@chef09876) June 21, 2020
15. Really all corporate whiteboard markings in the board room boil down to this
Look, everyone! I drew this random blue line with a dry erase marker and now: I'm pointing to the side of it with a ballpoint pen! Ta da! Academia! pic.twitter.com/Ssc4uJcin0
— Susan Glover (@SusanKathGlover) June 22, 2020
16. Doing God’s job here
— Hannah (@violinvet) June 22, 2020
17. Canvas artists sometimes double up as theatre artists
Some other days, I hide behind the canvas, stalking it silently like the creep I am. Then I jump out of it's back right to it's side to scare that fucker.
Canvas need to be predated before you paint on them, everybody knows that. Duh.#Artist #BadStockPhotosOfMyJob pic.twitter.com/Skm3FD9ipX
— Bea Albir 🧼lávate las manos🧼 (@BeatrizAlbir) June 23, 2020
18. Writers will relate with this accurate description of their workflow
— Tess Burton (@tesscatiful) June 24, 2020
19. Are you even a games designer if you don’t look like one of its characters?
Yes, we typically all wear our VR goggles to videogame design meetings, I guess so we don't have to read the seven sticky notes on the giant empty whiteboard. #BadStockPhotosOfMyJob pic.twitter.com/qjNvnDZ31v
— Brian Reynolds (@TheGameChief) June 24, 2020
20. Harambe died for this.
— Sharon Stiteler (@birdchick) June 22, 2020