It takes months, or sometimes years, to develop a blueprint for launching a startup. Once the plan is ready, you’d need to weigh options to decide the perfect location to launch your venture. Sure the benefit of having the office at a prime location is an integral part of any business’s success, but the cost of entrepreneurship at such locations can touch the sky-limit. The UK based commercial property consultancy service Knight Frank published a report on the most expensive startup locations around the world.
Unsurprisingly, the most expensive locations are London, New York and San Francisco because of their largest technology clusters. In Asia, Beijing and Shanghai are not only the most prominent lands of technological innovation, but also cost the highest. Here are the top 10 most expensive locations for tech startups.
- London – Shoreditch district – $66, 706 office cost p.a
- New York – Brooklyn district – $62, 736 office cost per year
- San Francisco – Mid-market district – $61,680 office cost per year
- Paris – 1st, 2nd and 9th districts – $57, 426 office cost per year
- Boston – Seaport – $50, 700 office cost p.a
- Dublin – Docklands – $47, 345 office cost p.a
- Los Angeles – Playa Vista neighbourhood – $47, 124 office cost p.a
- Hong Kong – Cyberport, Pokfulam district – $40, 488 office cost p.a
- Beijing – Zhongguancun – $39, 090 office cost p.a
- Singapore – One North – $39, 088 office cost p.a