Sometimes work can be really hectic and frustrating and as grownups, we are expected to be cool about it and keep the whining to ourselves. Derrick works in advertising and his workday is often very chaotic and unpredictable. “While trying not to let the stress get the best of me, I decided to turn the mundane and often annoying little moments in my agency life into inspirations for something whimsical and magical.”
With his iPhone, a reading lamp, and miniature figures, he recreate the imaginary scenes of his honest thoughts in work situations right on his work desk. Pairing each photo with corresponding caption, he posts them on his Instagram and Tumblr feeds as a way to document his eventful career.
1. It is impossible to get our coworkers’ attention when they wear headphones
2. Monday comes too soon when we worked the whole weekend
3. Sometimes we just want to toss everything and not care about it
4. We think permanent markers should be banned from meeting rooms with white boards
5. A day trip to see a client is practically a night trip when you have to get up at 4am
6. No matter how much we rehearse, we still get nervous before a big presentation
7. It’s nice to know our coworkers have our backs.
8. It’s great when people accept our meeting invites; even better when we’re not ready yet.
9. When we are not ready to wrestle with Monday yet
10. When the client says, “we’ll call you right back” we are stranded at our desks.
11. Sometimes it pays to recycle good ideas.
12. What it feels like when the air conditioning makes the office this cold.
Talk about being pro at dealing with being bored at work.