We often encounter the dilemma of whether to enroll in IELTS online coaching or go for offline coaching.
This is, after all, a highly subjective question. Some students prefer traditional IELTS tutoring, while others prefer online tutoring. Every student’s learning requirements vary significantly from one student to another. Different students have different learning styles, and it can be because of their prior understanding of specific concepts and ideas. Some people want to learn quickly, while others prefer to study each idea more profoundly and with greater intensity.
IELTS or International English Language Testing System is one of the most reputed and eminent English language exams to migrate, study or work in English-speaking countries and is, therefore, taken by millions of students every year. However, only a handful are able to achieve a high band score. Thus, after doing intensive research, we have prepared a list of information to assist you in making your decision.
How to decide between IELTS online and offline coaching?
The first and most vital criterion for deciding on the appropriate coaching style for the IELTS exam is to comprehend the exam format. Though all coaching institutes, whether online or offline, will assist each student in becoming acquainted with the exam structure. However, to make an informed decision and not get confused later, it is necessary to grasp the foundations of the IELTS exam.
For those who are unaware, the IELTS exam is divided into two parts
- IELTS General Training: It is for those who wish to settle and work in an English-speaking country.
- IELTS Academic: It is for those who want to study at an English-speaking university.
|NO. OF QUESTIONS
|3 Reading Passages (40 Questions)
|2 Writing Tasks
|11 to 14 minutes
|4 Parts (40 Questions)
|30 minutes + 10 minutes to transfer answers
Note: Speaking and Listening questions are similar for both IELTS General and IELTS Academic. However, Reading and Writing varies.
Comparison between online IELTS coaching and offline IELTS coaching
Generations have praised traditional classroom training. The classroom training provides an environment where students interact with fellow students and trainers. Offline tutoring allows for the exchange of brilliant ideas and the explanation of doubts with peers. Due to this reason, many students have relied on the offline method for so many years. You do tend to learn a lot more about approaching problems from different perspectives and have a good idea of where you stand with respect to the rest of the competition. However, since the batch size of offline coaching is growing, it is increasingly becoming difficult to get individual feedback and attention from trainers.
In contrast, online coaching offers greater flexibility and convenience in terms of studying at your own speed. Learning is primarily self-paced, and the knowledge you access and the skills you build are measured against your previous performance. However, online learning can be complex for certain students since they are unable to communicate with their peers and are required to be acquainted with the technology.
Advantages of IELTS Offline Coaching Classes
- One of the advantages of offline learning is that students often get to engage with fellow students and teachers and share new ideas.
- Offline coaching helps students develop their English speaking skills. As Speaking plays a vital role in the IELTS exam, students must develop strong speaking abilities. Thus, through offline classes, students get more exposure to speaking in English.
- Offline tutoring also assists students in creating a calm, distraction-free atmosphere in which they can concentrate on their studies.
- Competitiveness is another advantage of offline learning. Students always try to push their limits when they see their fellow students performing better than them.
Advantages of IELTS Online Coaching Classes
- Online coaching is efficacious, prolific, time-saving, resourceful and easily accessible.
- Online coaching allows students to take classes from experienced and qualified IELTS trainers at their convenience.
- Online coaching classes provide comprehensive study materials, including essential IELTS preparation tips and tricks for acing the exam with ease.
- In online coaching, the classes are recorded lectures with extra exam IELTS preparation tips for future reference, so if you miss a session, you can watch the same class later at any time.
- The trainer might not have time for you with a large class, but here, you will certainly receive customized feedback and attention in online one-on-one lessons.
- Virtual classes provide a comprehensive practice guide as well as a range of customizable courses that include the necessary mock examinations and study materials.
- Online tutoring is substantially less expensive than traditional coaching in terms of cost. Such as, in online coaching institutes, students do not have to spend money on commuting to coaching institutes.
- Students can establish their own timetable for when they should start preparing and reading the courses because many online coaching institutions offer recorded lectures that students may listen to at any time later.
Which is better for IELTS preparation: online or offline?
The best coaching for the IELTS exam is where the IELTS experts answer all of the student’s questions, pay close attention to the student’s performance, and encourage them to do well in tests and examinations.
There are benefits and drawbacks to both online and offline coaching. What counts most, in the end, is how students are motivated to study and perform well on the IELTS exam. If the students lack the enthusiasm to learn, then online and offline coaching will not help them achieve their dream scores in the IELTS exam.