The advent of the internet has changed the way we communicate and access information, and with universal internet access becoming increasingly accessible, there are countless opportunities to create new business models and products. But even today, the world doesn’t have universal internet access. Large parts of Africa are without the internet, and only 50% of Indians have access to a smartphone. But as internet costs continue to fall, and phones become cheaper, it might not be long before the world as universal internet access. Here are five startup ideas which could take off in an increasingly connected world:
1. Online Education: With universal internet access, online education would become even more accessible, allowing students to access educational content from anywhere in the world. This could create opportunities for startups to create new educational platforms and services, such as virtual classrooms, online tutoring, and video lectures. These services could be provided to students at any location, allowing them to access educational content without having to leave their homes.
2. Video Conferencing: Video conferencing has been around for a while, but with universal internet access, it could become even more ubiquitous. By having access to a larger global network, video conferencing could become an even more efficient way of conducting business and communicating with people in different countries.
3. Augmented Reality Shopping: Augmented reality (AR) is a technology that enables users to interact with digital objects within a real-world environment. With universal internet access, AR shopping could become a reality. Customers would be able to try on clothes or visualize furniture in their own homes before making a purchase. This would help to reduce the amount of time spent in physical stores, as customers could make a purchase from the comfort of their own homes.
4. Online Gaming: Online gaming has grown in popularity over the years, and with universal internet access, it would be even more accessible. This could open up a new market for game developers and publishers, allowing them to reach a much larger audience and tap into a lucrative industry. Users can play games such as Fortnite, World of Warcraft or practice European roulette for free at RedDog Casino. With greater internet access, these games could reach even more players, creating a larger and more lucrative market.
5. Collaborative Art Projects: With universal internet access, people from all over the world would be able to collaborate on art projects. This could include anything from creating virtual paintings to sculpting 3D models. By having access to a larger global network of artists, projects could become even more creative and unique.