Out of the 1+ billion population of India, tens of millions of people work at Indian companies like Infosys, TCS and also the Godrejs and the Hindustan Levers. While all companies irrespective of their nationality have a few quirks in common, working in an Indian company is a challenge of its own. There are a few things that exist only in an Indian company. So, we collected some broad trends, and compiled a (fun!) list of signs you work at an Indian company.
1. The technology in use could possibly pre-date the internet.
2. At any time of the day, the office is a cacophony of sounds in regional languages
working in an indian company
3. Lunch means tiffins. Nothing says Indian and married like the good ol’ dabba
4. And the office cafe smells like a concoction of sambar, chutney and kadi-chawal
5. Bollywood helps in beating the…Monday blues?
6. The amount of paperwork in use could put your Kabaadi to shame
7. Indian festivals are celebrated with great aplomb
8. You take healthy breaks while working at an indian company
9. People even slightly more senior to your in the corporate hierarchy are referred to as “Sir”
10. All said and done, you’re proud to be working at an Indian company instead of slaving away in the backend support at an MNC.