Automation testing plays a key role in testing. Automation Testing tools with no manual contribution are employed in automation testing. Testers with the help of automation tools write test cases which encapsulated into test suites. Automation testing is targeted to increase the test efficiency and develop software value. Software testing that can be automated is:-
- Smoke Testing
- Unit Testing
- Integration Testing
- Functional Testing
- Keyword Testing
- Regression Testing
- Data Driven Testing
- Black Box Testing
Commanding and most popular Testing Automation Tools for software testing are shared here which can highly improve the efficiency of testing and also provides easy script maintenance.
- Selenium: –
Selenium is a most prominent name in software testing automation tool and mainly used for Regression Testing. Several key features are supported by this most popular and widely used tool and few are shared below:-
- It’s an open source technology and carries easily to use interface with platform independence capabilities.
- It supports higher compatibility with most of the programming languages and automation testing frameworks, for example, Java, PHP, C#, Python, Groovy, Ruby, and Perl, Windows, Mac, and Linux, Junit and TestNG.
- It provides a choice to assert the title for every page.
- Notable things in Selenium are a record and playback features to write tests exclusive of learning Selenium IDE.
- Test cases can be saved as Ruby Script, HTML, and any other format.
- It can execute multiple tests at a time.
TestingWhiz is a product of Cygnet Infotech, a CMMI Level 3 IT solutions provider. It’s incorporated with several noteworthy features such as Object Eye Internal Recorder, bug tracking tools like Jira, Mantis, and FogBugz, test management tools like HP Quality Center. It is a perfect and one-stop solution for automated testing solutions like web testing, software testing, database testing, API testing, mobile app testing, regression test suite maintenance, optimization, and automation, and cross-browser testing.
Ranorex provides great opportunities for testing from desktop testing to mobile and web applications testing.
Features offered by this automation testing tool are
- GUI Recognition
- Reusable Test Codes
- Bug Detection
- combined with plentiful tools
- Record and Playback
- Telerik TestStudio
It is one of the widely used automation testing tool designed for web and desktop functional testing, software performance testing, load testing, API testing and mobile application testing developed by Telerik.
Telerik TestStudio, comprehensive test automation solution offers various compatibilities like:
- Integration with Visual Basic Studio 2010 and 2012
- Record and playback
- Browser Compatibility testing
- Manual testing
- incorporated with bug tracking tools
- Essential Features that Test Management Tools Should Have
A tool which delivers on its promises can be defined as the best test management tool. To ship high-quality products that meet customer needs competitive testing methodology is essential. To implement an effective test management process make sure you must have a robust testing tool allowing a larger number of tests, faster and with more accurate results. Here I have listed few essential features that Test Management Tools should have:-
- Make sure anticipated testing tool must possess enterprise-level security to keep your test projects protected at all times.
- A cloud-based automation tool is a better choice as it reduces the heavy cost of license and hardware. It also supports virtualization and sharing of resources across the size of the organization thus again reducing capital costs.
- A user-friendly tool which is easy to use, install and deploy and can operate effectively on each system.
- Apart from these make sure expected testing tool integrate well with the existing setup.
Any tool that makes you an expert on your challengers and wins more projects for your company is a ideal testing tool.
Flaws arise during Test Automation:-
- Automation test suite may fail due to a number of reasons, for example, any alterations in a user interface, network issues, decelerate service and much more. Make sure you have established an environment that must be free of any downstream breakdowns.
- Test maintenance is pricey in case of playback methods. Even though a minor change occurs in the GUI, the test script has to be re-recorded or replaced by a new test script.
- Up gradation or maintenance is an unending activity involved in automation which requires a big amount of time and resources.
- In automation system level and user interface tests generally take much time and for the results, we need to sit idle for several hours. In several cases, a manual check is much better and quicker to invoke the test and check the results.
[This post is written by Sangram who is a tech enthusiast, presently working as a Content Expert with CresTech software systems. Tech blogging is his passion, through which he intends to explore the world of software Testing. He doesn’t just write for tech-savvy people, but also for those who find the world of technology intriguing.]