In this digital era, Android OS offer many features to its users, one of them being easy and quick capturing of your pictures and selfies. You can easily save pictures on your Android smartphone. But sometimes, due to accidental deletion, software glitches, hardware issues, etc., your precious photos are lost or deleted.
Whenever you encounter such photo loss issues, it is important to immediately apply proper methods to recover deleted photos on Android devices. This comprehensive guide explains various methods to help you know how to recover lost photos on an Android device. Just go with these recovery methods to get your valuable memories back.
What Causes the Deletion of Pictures on Android?
Before you learn methods to recover deleted photos from Android smartphones, it is important to find the main cause of such data loss issues. Here are some venerable causes of photo deletion on Android:
- Accidental Deletion: One of the most common reasons for photo loss issues is user error. You may have deleted pictures from your device while deleting other files or when scrolling through your mobile’s gallery.
- Factory Reset: When you perform factory resetting of your Android devices, it erases all data, including photos, videos, and apps. It is important to create a proper backup of your important files before performing a factory reset to prevent all of them from being lost.
- Software Updates or Glitches: Sometimes, software updates or glitches in the operating system can cause the deletion of data, including your photos.
- Virus or Malware Attack: Malicious software, such as viruses or ransomware can corrupt or delete files on your Android device.
- Low Storage Space: If your device does not have enough storage space, the operating system may automatically delete files, including photos, to free up space.
Quick Methods to Restore Deleted Photos on Android Gallery
Here are some Android recovery methods that you can apply to easily restore deleted pictures on your Android devices.
Method 01: Recover Lost Photos from Google Photos
If you’ve been using Google Photos to create a backup of your pictures on your Android device, then you can restore them if any data loss occurs. Go through the following steps to recover deleted photos on Android from Google Photos:
- Firstly, launch Google Photos on your Android device.
- Go to Library, and then select Trash from the top-right corner.
- Choose all the photos that you need to recover and tap Restore from the bottom-right corner.
Method 02: Recover Photos from Google Drive
Google Drive is another alternative to back up your important files, including photos, on Android devices. All you have to do is to keep the Google Drive backup feature enabled on your Android device, so it automatically creates backups of your photos to Google Photos or Google Drive.
Follow the below-given steps to restore deleted photos from Google Drive:
- Launch the Google Drive app on your Android device.
- Locate and select the pictures that you need to restore.
- Click the three-dot More icon and then tap Download.
Method 03: Use Third-Party Recovery Software
If you haven’t created any backup of your photos before deletion, then you can try using any professional data recovery tool to recover deleted photos from Android smartphones. There are limited Android data recovery software available in the market which can help you restore your deleted photos on Android devices. Among all, Stellar Data Recovery for Android is a very popular one.
The Stellar Data Recovery for Android offers every feature that can make the Android data recovery process quick and easy. These features include:
- The software supports the recovery of all types of file, including photos, videos, music, messages, etc. from any Android device.
- Can recover your deleted or lost files from Android mobile without rooting.
- Compatible with all Android brands, including Samsung, Google Pixel, OnePlus, OPPO, Vivo, Xiaomi, and many more.
- Support recovery of files from Android version 6 to the latest Android version 13.
- It is 100% safe and secure to recover files from your Android devices using this tool.
- Allow you to preview the recoverable Contacts, Call History, Messages, Photos, Videos, and other files before saving them on your device.
Follow these steps to learn how to recover deleted photos on Android using the Stellar Data Recovery for Android tool:
- Download and install the Stellar Data Recovery for Android tool on your Windows 11/10/8.1/7 system. Connect your Android device to that PC using the appropriate USB data cable.
- Launch the software and from the homepage, select the type of file that you need to restore and click the Next button.
- Now when your Android mobile is connected, you will get the Connected Device window showing your device name. Tap the Scan button to start the scanning process.
- After successful completion of the scanning process, preview the recovered data and click the Save button to restore them at the desired storage location.
Tips to Avoid Data Loss Issues on Android Devices
Data loss is a frustrating issue and can occur to you anytime. It is important to keep certain preventive measures in mind in order to avoid such devastating experiences on Android devices. Follow the below-given tips to avoid data loss issues and protect your valuable information:
- Enable automatic backup utility options, like Google Drive on your Android mobile to create a backup of your important files, including photos, videos, contacts, and app data.
- You can even create a backup of your important files on cloud storage services, like Google Drive, OneDrive, etc.
- Install an up-to-date version of Antivirus software on your Android device to protect it against any threats.
- Keep all the software programs and your Android device’s operating system up to date with the latest security patches and bug fixes.
If you ever experience issues like losing important photos on your Android device, don’t worry as you can often recover them successfully. All the aforementioned recovery methods can help you to recover lost photos on an Android device. If the manual methods fail to help you out, you can use professional tools, like Stellar Data Recovery for Android to recover deleted photos on Android smartphones.
Moreover, it is important to adopt a proper approach to data management, such as regular backups and security measures to prevent such issues in the future. Remember, your memories are valuable, and with the right steps, you can restore them back on any device.