India’s IT revolution, in part, has been been built on the backs of the graduates of its world-renowned Indian Institutes of Technology. IIT graduates have founded companies, created startups, and led corporate India to greater heights. The IIT entrance exam is gruelling, and one of the hardest to crack anywhere in the world — but with the right approach, it can be tamed. The rewards can be manifold — a great campus life, a path towards entrepreneurship, corporate success and fat salary packages.
Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) Main is the engineering entrance examination conducted for admission at various engineering colleges around the country. It is conducted in two stages: JEE-Main and JEE-Advanced. This is the only way for getting admissions at the dream colleges of engineering which are the IITs and NITs. As per CBSE’s official data; 10,43,739 candidates had registered for JEE Main 2018 offline paper. It is observed today that the parents make their children prepare for JEE since 8th or 9th grades because of the conventional belief that it requires a minimum 2-3 years of time to crack JEE. But, it is not true. As always, it is the smart work that always reaps more benefits than just the hard work!
Hence, we are with certain tips for you if you wish to crack JEE Main 2019 or JEE Advanced which will help you prepare for the exam in a better and efficient manner:
- Before starting the preparation you should always remind yourself that you have the capability to achieve anything you desire. However impossible it may seem you must remember that you are ready to work as much hard as possible to achieve your goal.
- Start with listing out the important topics of the syllabus of each subject. Here is a list of most expected topics all the three subjects
- Modern Physics
- Heat and Thermodynamics
- SHM and Waves
- Atomic Structure
- Gaseous State
- Aldehydes and Ketones
- d & f block elements
- General organic chemistry
- Coordinate Geometry
- Derivatives, Differential
- Integral Calculus
- Complex Numbers
- Quadratic Equation
- Attempt on the subjects’ topic-wise and solve 40-50 numerical problems from each topic.
- Refer to only standard books because frequent change of the books for reviewing of the methods would lead to confusion as every author might have different way to solve the same question.
- At the time of any kind of query or doubt, do not panic or lose confidence. Instead, stay calm and immediately solve the doubt with the help of your mentor or your selected group of friends. Do not leave the doubts pending as they will only get piled up.
- After the completion of the topic and its numerical, check for online tests of the same topic and appear for them. Observe how well adverse you have become with the topic and the hence devote more time to solving if required.
- While appearing for topic-wise test keep a record of time and hence try to solve each and every question within your set time frame. Initially if the duration of tests is 15 mins try to solve it by 25 mins then with every passing test reduce the time limit to 20, 15 and 10 mins.
- Do not be in a hurry to jump to conclusions. Check for the solutions only after the completion of the test instead of checking the answer to every question right after solving it.
- Be alert and mark the questions which took up most of your time and try to figure out if there exists any alternate method to solve that question in shorter time.
- After so much practice you would become confident enough about the subject and once you are done with solving of the topic-wise tests of every topic, you can go for the full subject test. But here as well, be careful about the time limit.
- It might be possible that you may perform very well in certain test while not so well in others but keep in mind that these tests are only for your exposure to various varieties of the questions and so will only improve your solving ability. Only make sure to take a serious note of the past mistakes and try not to repeat those in the future.
- Systematic approach and short term goal planning always works in ones favor and hence ultimately leads to the completion of your final goal. Hence, follow your schedule as per the plan and do not give up until your to-do list for the day.
- It is then the time to appear for full 3-hour tests of JEE Main. Appear for mock tests available online and make sure that you solve the previous years’ papers with full dedication. This will help you in self evaluation and mark the questions that have different approach to solutions so that the day before examination you can refer them easily.
- It is not always necessary to attempt all the questions in the paper but you should be careful that you devote your time to the ones you are very sure about solving. This will help you save your time and gain more marks.
- While preparing for the JEE Advanced, make sure that you do not become over confident and work with the same consistency covering each and every topic of the syllabus according to the priority. In case you feel bored or lose the zeal, remind yourself about your goal and how close you are to achieving it.
We hope that these tips will help you get encouragement and learn some tactics to help you get prepared for JEE. We cannot assure you that the exam of JEE will be an easy one, but we can assure you that you are much tougher than the one to lose hope and turn ones face away due to the fear. We do understand that the fear of JEE Main/Advanced might be haunting you in your dreams right now but only the dreams of your desired career and your future can make you turn your fearsome dreams into dauntless ones.
You can also download JEE Main preparation app for JEE Mains engineering entrance exam. It provides free study notes, quizzes, mock test, practice set, question papers, & test series.